Monday, June 8, 2020

2020 Big Board

Because of the oddities of this draft, I'm going to include a few contingencies in y big board... which seems like the best way to approach things:

Here is the board:

  • Nick Gonzales- I had him below Hancock, but elite hitters are tough to find
  • Emerson Hancock
  • Max Meyer
  • Patrick Bailey
  • Mick Abel- I'm moving him ahead of Detmers. He's the top HS RHP... and might be slipping due to uncertainty
  • Reid Detmers
  • Tanner Witt
  • Bobby Miller
  • Tanner Burns
  • Sam Weatherly
  • Colby Halter
  • David Calabrese
  • Holden Powell- Moved him up to make it more likely we land him (assuming we don't draft McMillon)
  • Tyler McDonough
  • Braden Ward- Would remove him from the list if we get Calabrese
  • John McMillon- Would not take him if we get Powell... Also, see note below... this guy could go anywhere on my board from the Halter pick.
  • Patrick Riley
  • Kevin Abel
  • Luke Little
  • Adam Seminaris
  • Stephen Odina
  • Nick Frasso
  • Jason Savacool
  • Alex Toral

Tyler Brown has been dropped from the list because he says he's going back to school.

There is a version of this draft that started off with 2 or 3 HS prospects (it wouldn't be crazy to get Abel, Witt and Halter). If that happens, I'm going to nee to use my 4th and 5th round picks on seniors to create some financial flexibility. The idea here is to say "after 3 HS players are picked, I'm switching to college seniors"... and that list is as follows:

  • John McMillon- He's the only one who's also on my big board.
  • Kyle Mora
  • Luke Smith
  • Duke Ellis

I'd offer the full $20k to any player on my board who isn't drafted... I'm going to assume my team's owner isn't being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Wednesday can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment