Tuesday, July 12, 2022

2022 MLB Draft Big Board (for fake Padres)

After yesterday's review, which to be fair, was a lot more bleak than I would have expected, I wanted to get my big board for this draft up.

I'm adding the 28th pick in the draft because Peyton Stovall didn't sign coming out of high school, giving me picks 15, 28, 40 (really 39), 54 (really 53) and the rest of the Padres picks. It's a good thing too, because based on yesterday's post, I could use some serious help in the system.

My top tier has two players:

  • Termarr Johnson
  • Brooks Lee

Despite whatever shenanigans I can think of, neither of those guys is making it to 15.

My second tier of players is actually about 6 players deep, and includes:

  • Justin Crawford
  • Peyton Graham
  • Landon Sims
  • Tucker Toman
  • Reggie Crawford
  • Luke Gold

It's a weird list, but there's some serious upside there, along with a bunch of line drive hitters, and a pair of pitchers that could, if they get healthy, end up being among the best in this draft.

From there, I go to:

  • Mikey Romero
  • Drew Thorpe
  • Chandler Simpson
  • Sterlin Thompson (there's no way he falls far enough)
  • Nathan Church
  • Dev Harrison
  • Drew Compton
  • Ivan Arias
  • Mack Anglin
  • Sebastian Keane
  • Adrian Siravo
  • Colby Halter
  • Carter Young

Because there's the potential for a bunch of HS players to end up on my roster early, I want to have a few senior signs ready to go (alteratively, if these guys are still on the board when the rest of my draft is done, that's cool too).

  • Gordon Ingebritson
  • Connor Charpring
  • Jake Gustin
  • Levi Usher
  • Jared Lyons (he pitched for George Mason this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment