Monday, November 16, 2020

NBA Draft Big Board

Though this draft has been called every name in the book, I think there are going to be some good players that come out of it.

For the Celtics, there are about 6 guys I really like:

  • Precious Achiuwa- DPOY potential
  • Tyrese Haliburton- I love the Jrue Holiday rumors... Holiday and Smart would be AMAZING together... Halliburton has that type of upside for me.
  • Tyrell Terry- Best shooter in the draft? Yes please.
  • Leondro Balmero- Brad Stevens gets a ton of mileage with this type of player. See Turner, Evan and Hayward, Gordon
  • Tyler Bey- I don't know what to make of him. He's freakishly athletic, and hit 3's at a great clip (albeit in a small sample).
  • Paul Reed- He's the non-stop motor type bruiser of choice for me.

Seeing any of those guys end up with the green will make me a very happy camper.

After them, however, there are a few other players I wouldn't be opposed to.

  • Desmond Bane (similar enough to Smart but with better shooting?), Isiah Joe or Immanuel Quickley (the Ben Gordon comp is sticking with me)- The Celtics need an extra shooter or two, and one of these guys will end up being a very good one.
  • Xavier Tillman- He feels like a Dan Theiss starter kit.
  • Kenyon Martin Jr- Would be a final flyer, but there's potential for him to become a defensive monster if we miss on Achiuwa and Bey.
The draft can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment