Thursday, June 9, 2016

MLB Draft Day Big Board

It's draft day!!!!... which means it's time to roll out my full blown big board. Part 1 of the preview can be found here. Part 2 here, and part 3 here.

This post is a compilation and update to those posts, and will also add some comparisons of where my rankings are vs where the industry is. I'm going to keep the majority of post 3 on the side this year, with the idea that different players I referenced in the 3rd post might become more valuable depending on how things go. For example, if Delvin Perez falls to me, I'll plan to bump someone like Clate Schmidt up a bunch of my board (senior sign + later-than-expected HS'er should leave me room to sign everyone.

One more thing... D1 posted its top 150 prospects draft prospects (I left their rankings out since they're subscriber only), whereas BA did 500, and so did PG. If you're reading this blog, you either have WAY too much time on your hands, or you're someone who should try to support those sites. They're incredible.

Without further ado:

PlayerSchoolLevelNotesBA RankPG Rank
Corey RayLouisvilleJRRay has been at the top of my board for around 18 months. Nothing hes's done made me change my mind.73
Nick SenzelTennesseeJRNothing has changed here67
Dakota HudsonMississippi StateJRNothing has changed here, either1415
Riley PintSt. Thomas AquinasHSThe first HS on my board. I can't imagine he is falling to the 8th pick, but stranger things have happened22
Justin DunnBoston CollegeJRHere is the first diversion for me from my first draft board. Dunn's stock is soaring, in part because of how he's pitched in the post season.2233
Ian AndersonShenendehowaHSIf he lasts until my back to back picks, this would be a steal129
Delvin PerezInternational Baseball Academy,PRHSGetting popped for PED's has me worried, but with 3 pick in the first round, I'd roll the dice99
Chris OkeyClemsonJRnothing changed here5247
Anthony KayConnecticutJRnothing changed here3543
Ronnie DawsonOhio StateJRHe's had some serious helium, so I'm moving him up to make sure I'm in striking distance when the 3rd round comes around (maybe even the 2nd round)53143
Logan GrayAustin PeayJRI don't understand how this guy is ranked so low. I can't get the Ryan Braun comp out of my head169140
Daulton JefferiesCalJRA missed season hurts, but it could also mean more bullets in the gun6145
Garrett HampsonLong Beach StateJRI've flip flopped on whether Hampson or Solak fits into my draft board, and on decision day, I can't get away from the idea that Hampson has a higher upside (and a lower floor). I think I'm putting Hampson here so that all of the pitching staffs on his teams get to play with a quality SS (probably a philosophical thought for another day)156201
Jeff BelgeHennigerHSHe slots in nicely here, and with the actual draft, might slide up depending on how things are going68168
Ryan MoseleyTexas TechJRnothing changed hereNANA
Kobie TaylorPortsmouthHSHe might move up in the actual draft259351
Andrew CalicaUC Santa BarbaraJRnothing changed here235251
Keegan ThompsonAuburnJRI'm moving him up a bit, because I think he's going to be a tremendous value232392
Clate SchmidtClemsonSRnothing changed here493NA
Trey YorkEastern TennesseeSRnothing changed hereNANA
Mitchell JordanStetsonJRnothing changed here418NA
Cooper HammondMiamiJRnothing changed hereNANA

There it is

Happy Draft Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment