Friday, June 10, 2016

Padres Shadow Draft Day 1

Day one is in the books, and man, it was an odd one. Here is how things go for me:
  • Ray- Goes 5th to the Brewers.... there was a brief moment where I was hoping he'd make it to me.
  • Senzel- 2nd pick in the draft. The Reds have something in mind, and I like what they're doing with this pick.
  • Hudson- With the 8th pick in the draft, Hudson is there, and I'm taking him. The Padres IRL are trying to be clever with the Quantril pick, so it will be fun to compare these two careers. Also, IRL, Hudson couldn't have landed in a better spot. Upon seeing the Cardinals stop his free fall, the only reaction is "yup, that makes sense."
  • Pint- Went 4th to the Rockies. I can't imagine that's going to help his career.
  • Dunn-The Mets grab him at 19. I was REALLY hoping he'd slide to the 24th pick.
  • Anderson- The 3rd pick? Anyone who listed to Jonah Keri's podcast with John Copolella knew something crazy was goig to happen at the 3rd pick. This was that surprise.
  • Perez- Remember that note about Hudson and "of course they did"... same thing here.
  • OkeyI'm excited to land Okey with the 24th pick. He's going to be a stud. IRL, he goes at the top of the 2nd round to the Reds, so this isn't too much of a reach.
  • KayLoving this pick for me too. IRL, Kay goes a few picks later (to the Mets, whose big board seems to look a lot like moie)
  • Dawson- IRL, he goes 61 to the Dodger, so I grabbed him a few picks early.
  • Gray- At 71, I'm picking up Logan Gray.
  • Jefferies- Goes to the As befoe I have a chance to draft him
  • Hampson
  • Belge
  • Moseley
  • Taylor
  • Calica
  • Thompson
  • Schmidt
  • York
  • Jordan
  • Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment