Wednesday, July 20, 2022

2022 Draft Recap

It seems like every year I draft a few guys who aren't selected. Last year it wasn't just Peyton Stovall, but also Seth Stevenson (who did get drafted this year). In 2020, it was Tanner Witt, Colby Halter, Tyler McDonough and Braiden Ward (4 of my 6 picks that year!). This year was no different, and it makes the shadow draft so hard.

My full haul is:

  • Justin Crawford (signed- $3,894,800)
  • Peyton Graham (signed- $1,800,000)
  • Tucker Toman (signed- $2,000,000)
  • Luke Gold (signed, $386-900)
  • Bryce Hubbart (signed- $522,500)
  • Luis Ramirez (signed- $250,000)
  • Nathan Church- (signed- $125,000)
  • Devereax Harrison (signed, $122,500)
  • Drew Compton (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Ivan Arias (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Sebastian Keane (signed- $125,000)
  • Adrian Siravo (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Sam Horn (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Colby Halter (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Gordon Ingebretson (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Connor Charpring (Signed UDFA)
  • Jake Gustin (undrafted/unsigned)
  • Carter Young (signed- $1,325,000)
After the top 6, there are a lot of players who seem likely to head (back) to school. I'm hopeful a few sign free agenct deals to add depth to my system. Horn in the 11th round always seemed like a gamble, but that's the exact type of gamble teams should make at that spot in the draft.

I'm lighter on pitching that I would have liked to be (I really had hoped for Sims or Reggie Crawford to make it to me), but I got 4 of my top 6 realistic targets, along with two potential workhorse pitchers (Ramirez and Hubbart), and a reliever in Harrison.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment