Monday, December 15, 2014

First Post

There's something weird about starting a blog, especially one about sports. Seriously, there are hundreds or thousands (millions? tens of millions?) of people who think they know more than the GM of their favorite team or commish of their favorite sports league.

I'm no exception.

In fact, to blatantly steal borrow am idea that Bill Simmons published years ago, I'm pretty sure that electing me Sports Czar would make things easier on all of the sports commissioners.

So, there are a couple of things I'll try to do here:

  • Identify trends in sports that seem interesting.
  • Throw out ideas I think make sense
  • Point out baseball moves that I think are interesting.
  • Espouse on random baseball tidbits that make me think I'm the next Billy Beane (I'm not)
  • Reviews of different sporting events

There's one other thing here. Many of the players, managers, GMs, and maybe even commissioners might be on social media, and might see things written here (long shot, I know... but Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors discussed how he never envisioned being a resource for MLB leaders, which means they are reading on the interwebs.... it's just that I'm around 2 millions readers short right now- tell your friends about the blog?), I'm going to do my darndest to not criticize people on a personal basis*.

It's the difference between saying "Boy, Paul Hewitt sure is having a tough time as George Mason's Men's Basketball Head Coach" and "Boy, Paul Hewitt sucks." I don't know Paul Hewitt. He might be a good guy. He might suck. But I shouldn't make that determination (although we can say with certainty that he's had a REALLY tough time as head coach of GMU basketball).

Anyway, hope you enjoy the blog.

*This holds true for everyone, unless they have commissioned a painting of themselves as a Minotaur, in which case it is open season.

No comments:

Post a Comment