Sunday, July 11, 2021

2021- Draft Diary

A reminder- here is the list for my big board:
  • Frelick- Went 15th to Brewers
  • Leiter- Went 2nd to Rangers
  • Rocker-Went 10th to the Mets
  • McLain- Went 17th to Reds
  • Lawler- went 6th to Diamondbacks
  • Watson- Went 16 to Marlins
  • Stovall- Stovall joins my roster with the 27th pick.
  • McGreevy- Went 18 to Cardinals.
  • Abbott- Abbott falls to me with the 35th pick
  • Petty- Went 26 to Twins
  • Baez
  • Morisette
  • Mcdonough
  • Bruns- Went 29 to Dodgers
  • Stevenson
  • Steinmetz
  • Hill
  • Zavala
  • Kopps
  • Lonsway
  • Bibee
  • Kokx
  • Abel
  • Ward

This year, I'm adding an extra pick (35th, since Tanner Witt didn't sign last year).

5:47pm PT- This draft has been weird so far. Watson is falling like crazy, while Frelick and McLain are also still available. Is there a chance one of them slips to me? I would have thought Watson to the Giants would have happened, but they went Bednar.

5:53pm- Frelick goes to Milwaukee. Great pick for them, and I see a lot of similarities in the way the Brewers draft and the players I seem to like (Keston Hiura being another example, for better or worse)

5:59pm- Watson is off the board, going to Miami. He might be a tough sign, but in their shoes, I'd be willing to go under slot with my next couple picks to be sure I get Watson done (Kopps would be my second round pick).

6:05- McLain goes to Cincinatti, where I think he'll do well. At this point, I'm hoping to sneak out of today with Stovall and McGreevy, which feels like an amazing start to the draft.

6:12- The Cardinals had other thoughts, taking McGreevy, where he will, inevitably, become a monster.

6:14- The NBA finals go to half-time, and I'm going to go hang with my wife and kiddo for a bit.

7:12- I dont seem to have missed too much. Petty went off the board earlier than I would have liked, but that was OK, because it means Stovall falls to me.

7:21- Bruns goes to the Dodgers, and in real life, I'm thrilled to see his development.

7:48- Abbott falls to the 35th pick. Yes, I'd rather have Tanner Witt, but in reality, Abbott has the potential to be a really good pitcher, and I'm happy to see him join my franchise. Now I'm holding my vreath to see what happens with the last 2 picks of day 1.

7:52- No one more falls off my list.

On to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment