Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Assorted Celtics Thoughts Ahead of the Draft

Last year, I went crazy on a series of Boston Celtics' related posts.

This year, with a new GM and coach in place, I'm a little less inclined to spew out thousands of words... especially since a lot of what I wrote still remains true (Smart, the Jay's and Grant Williams are untouchable... Rob Williams is growing on me, and we need role players).

I've been wrong a ton when it comes to the NBA draft, but this year, there are only a few guys I really want to add (which is weird... I LOVED last year's draft class).

Evan Mobley isn't going to make it to the Celtics, unless they trade a Jay (bad idea), so he's off the board.

I love me some Davion Mitchell as a combo-guard complement to Marcus Smart.

I'd be all-in on Herbert Jones if he fell to 45.

I can't get enough on Bones Hyland, if he were there.

There's a rumor that Jarret Culver can be had for a secodn round pick. I'd do that immediately, ahead of drafting any of the above players (except Mobley).

I'd also look at a deal for Delon Wright (if Culver doesn't work out... Wright and Smart would be a strong pair of combo guards to start, possibly making Evan Fournier, assuming he resigns, a perfect 6th man, who essentially backs up 3 positions. Add in a Jeff Green signing for the veteran's minimum, and I'm good to go.

Starters:Smart, Brown, Tatum, Williams, Williams

Bench: Pritchard, Wright/Culver, Fournier, Nesmith, Green, Horford, Fall

Let's go to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment