Sunday, June 7, 2015

Shadow Padres Big Board

Coming into the draft, here is my big board:
  • Daz Cameron- Mike Cameron has a spot on my all time favorite team, and if we assume his kid will be just a little bit better, he'a a perennial all start, going 15/15 or 20/20 every year while winning gold gloves. He's player I most want in this draft.
  • Alex Bregman- I feel obligated to have Bregman high, because the ceiling is crazy. But, I don't know what he will become. Troy Glaus? Brandon Wood? I just don't know. With the 13th pick in the draft, I'm guessing he won't be available to me, and I'm sort of relieved about it.
  • Dansby Swanson- He isn't going to be the next Derek Jeter, but he is going to be a very good hitter who plays a quality SS. Jhonny Peralta with a bit of a better glove?
  • Walker Buehler- I'm a fan of a guy who starts out in the bullpen, earns his innings, and then dominates when he is supposed to do so. That's Buehler in a nutshell.
  • Ian Happ- The best college hitter in this draft, and possibly the player I'm most hoping ends up on my roster.
  • Kyle Funkhouser- Like Buehler, with a higher floor, but a lower ceiling
  • James Kapriellian- More than a 9 K/9, right around 3:1 K/BB, a proven warrior. Sign me up
  • Chris Shaw-Kyle Schwarber without the hype? A Northeast bat? Sign me up.
  • John Aiello-This is my "out of whack pick," but here is a switch hitter who could end up somewhere between a Jed Lowrie and Carlos Beltran. I'm on board with reaching to make sure this guy ends up in my system
  • Justin Garza-I'm probably higher on Garza than most, but if his downside is that of his brothers, that's one heck of a pitecher.
  • Jake Lemoine- Lemoine was going to be a top 10 pick. He's had an awful season, making me think there s an injury issue. Like the Bluejays (Jeff Hoffman) or Nationals (Lucas Giolito), I have no problem picking up a player who's looking at TJ surgery
  • Rhett Wiseman- WIseman would have been a Northeast bat I was all about previously (in fact, he was when I added him to my strat team). I'm hoping to pick up Wiseman
  • Elih Marrero-His dad is one of my all time favs. This kid has some serious potential
  • Joe DeMers- Potential for 3 above average pitches
  • David Berg- When I wrote about my draft tiers, I discussed how I'll usually reach for a college reliever. His numbers are absurd.
  • Riley Thompson-
  • Kyle Molnar- Ground ball pitcher with some upside
  • Riley Ferrell-
  • Chandler Day-
  • Benton Moss-College Senior with pinpoint control. He'll move quickly, but may top out as a long man in the pen (and that's OK).
  • Sutton Whiting- Elite defense, very good speed. He's probably not a starter, but as a defensive sub in the Poor Man's Pokey Reese mold, I'm on board.
  • Garret Cleavinger- I'm a sucker for a power LHRP later in the draft
  • Ty Moore- He's a gamer who walked 30 times and struck out 19. The ~.430 OBP works for me.
  • Brady Aiken-There is no way he slides until late... but if he is there in, for example, the 6th round, I'd have to move up and pick him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment